Need an Owner's Manual?

Need help troubleshooting a problem with your Overhead Door garage door opener?

Interested in ordering replacement parts for your Overhead Door Garage Door Opener?

Your email:

Posts by category

Garage Door Blog

Current Articles | RSS Feed RSS Feed

What remote control works with my Overhead Door Legacy opener?

What replacement remote control works with my Overhead Door Legacy garage door opener?

It can be very confusing.

There are so many different options.

Some remote controls work with Series I. Some remote controls work with Series II. To make matters worse is that the remote control you received when the Legacy opener was installed is no longer available.

overhead door remote control part number 1702Overhead Door has discontinued the old style #1702 remote control.

What do you do?

First, lets simplify things...

The original Legacy opener came out with a static 390 mhz frequency radio receiver that utilizes 12 security dip switch settings. The model number of the Legacy openers are shown as 496 or 696. You will be able to locate 12 little switches inside an existing remote control or on the backside of the garage door opener motor. The remote control will look similar to the photo shown to the below.

Overhead Door 912 remote contro

This style of remote control is in the process of being discontinued and is being replaced by the Overhead Door Master Remote Control OM3t-BX (part #37345R). The Master Remote Control is compatible with several different models of Overhead Door garage door openers and does allow you to program the 12 dip switch settings that you find in the older model Legacy garage door openers

Overhead Door Master Remote Control  The Overhead Door Master Remote replaces the ODT90 remote control.

To order a replacement Overhead Door Master Remote Control, click on the link listed below.

Master Remote Contol

The next series of Legacy openers came out with a rolling code technology called "Code Dodger" or CD for short. The first series of model numbers were listed as 496CD, 696CD, 496CD/A or 696CD/A.

The final series of Legacy openers were updated and continued to use the Code Dodger technology but were referenced as 496CD/B and 496CD/B.

There are many different styles and sizes of Code Dodger remote controls that are available. All of these remote controls will work with the Code Dodger Legacy garage door openers. In addition, the Master Remote Control (mentioned above) can be programmed to work with Code Dodger Legacy garage door opener.

Code Dodger Remote Control                  Code Dodger Remote Control

However, if your Overhead Door Legacy garage door opener was manufactured between November 1995 and January 1997, the remote controls shown above may not work properly.

Again lets simplify things...

Regardless of which series of Code Dodger (CD) Legacy opener you have installed there is only one (1) remote controls that will work. This remote control is a standard (3) button remote control (part #37517R).

Overhead Door remote control part number 37517R               Part Number 37517R

To order a replacement Code Dodger Legacy remote control, click on the link listed below.

Order Remote Control part #37517R

Please note:

When trying to program #37517R from the Code Dodger era of November 1995 to the end of 1997, only the button farthest to the right will program.

Overhead Door Company of Northern Kentucky is a second generation family owned company that provides residential and commercial garage doors, automatic openers, dock equipment, commercial steel entry doors and retractable awnings to the Greater Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky communities. Overhead Door Company of Northern Kentucky has been a proud distributor of Overhead Door products for 65 years.

If you are located in Greater Cincinnati or Northern Kentucky and need an IDA certified garage door technician to repair your garage door click here to schedule an appointment

If you are located in Greater Cincinnati or Northern Kentucky and need information about scheduling an annual maintenance inspection, click here.

To order replacement Overhead Door garage door parts go to our online parts store at www.OverheadDoorPartsOnline.com.

For more information about Overhead Door Company of Northern Kentucky visit our website at www.OverheadDoorOnline.com.

Comments

Hey Dave,

I came up with the same results as you - I just wish I'd read your article sooner! I've been searching for an Overhead remote for a few days. Thanks for the article - it verified my results; I'm going with your advice.
Posted @ Sunday, July 01, 2012 11:45 PM by William Henderson
It is a good method opening garage doors with remote control method.It seems good programm and I want to verify it.
Posted @ Wednesday, August 08, 2012 3:41 AM by Boxborough Garage Doors
I have an Overhead garage opener.
I bought a Genie912. Is this compatible and was programmed in the store, but someone said I need to sync. Advise, please.
Posted @ Saturday, September 01, 2012 8:44 PM by Sue Howell
A Genie 912 remote control can be programmed in the store location as long as you have an existing remote control that operates the garage door opener available. If an existing remote control is not available then you will need to program the remote control at your home.
Posted @ Thursday, September 06, 2012 11:25 AM by Dave Willmes
I'm looking for a replacement remote for my Legacy 696/CD opener. I bought a "Clicker Universal Remote Klik1U" but it does not seem to be compatible. Am I not programming it correctly, or do I need to get a dedicated Legacy remote? Thank you.
Posted @ Wednesday, December 05, 2012 8:36 PM by Rodney
The universal Clicker remote control is not what I would recommend.

There are a couple Overhead Door remote controls that will work with your Legacy 696/CD garage door opener. However, the remote control that I would recommend is #37517R.

This remote control will work with any Legacy 696/CD garage door opener regardless of its age or series.

The #37517R is available to order atwww.OverheadDoorPartsOnline.com.
A link to order this remote control is listed below.

Posted @ Thursday, December 06, 2012 8:34 AM by Dave Willmes
will a liftmaster work with a legacy?
Posted @ Thursday, December 06, 2012 4:21 PM by ron
No. A LiftMaster remote control will not work with an Overhead Door Legacy garage door opener.

Without know the specific series Legacy opener you have installed, I would recommend to order the Overhead Door Master remote.
control.

I have listed the link below.

Posted @ Friday, December 07, 2012 7:35 AM by Dave Willmes
what remote controller works with an P/N A45 overhead door opener? where can I find one? Price?
Posted @ Saturday, December 15, 2012 9:25 PM by Mr. J
I would refer you to the following blog article. This article will get you started on determining which remote control you need for your Overhead Door #45 garage door opener.

Replacement remote controls are available atwww.OverheadDoorPartsOnline.com.
Posted @ Sunday, December 16, 2012 7:21 AM by Dave Willmes
Can I use a Genie 37330R (G3T-R) remote from Home Depot with my Overhead Door Legacy Model 696 CD/B opener? A lable on back of opener says: Use only with Series II controls.
Posted @ Tuesday, January 01, 2013 7:18 PM by Dan
Yes, the 37330A remote control will work with your Legacy 161CD/B, if the label states to use with Series II controls. The Legacy 696CD/B would be considered series II technology.
Posted @ Wednesday, January 02, 2013 7:59 AM by Dave Willmes
is the series II 390 mgz
Posted @ Friday, January 18, 2013 12:51 PM by JOHN COLLIER
The series II remote controls do transmit at a 390mhz radio frequency. However, they use the Code Dodger technology that allow the security code within that 390mhz to rotate to different security codes.
Posted @ Saturday, January 19, 2013 10:27 AM by Dave Willmes
Is the Chamberlain 956EV keychain remote control compatible with the Overhead Door Legacy 696 CD B opener?
Posted @ Monday, January 28, 2013 12:07 PM by PTH
No. The Chamberlain 956SV remote control will not work with the Legacy 696CD/B garage door opener. If you are interested in a mini-remote control that is compatible, I would recommend to order the following remote control.
Posted @ Monday, January 28, 2013 2:52 PM by Dave Willmes
I just want to double check... I have a legacy 696CD/B, so the 37517R remote is what I need to use this garage opener?
Also, if I were to program this remote to my car would I need two remotes for two cars or do I only need one remote to be able to program two cars? Or can I program 1 car with the remote and use the actual remote in the other?? Thanks!
Posted @ Sunday, February 10, 2013 8:26 PM by Fil
Will a model ocdftd-3 remote work with a 696cd/b opener?
Posted @ Tuesday, March 12, 2013 7:15 PM by Richard corpening
Will a Linear GT-31 remote work with a 496CD/B? It says it is compatible with CodeDodger.
Posted @ Saturday, March 23, 2013 3:02 PM by Aubrey
I have the remote #1702 (garage door installed in 2003) According to my installer, that remote for the Legacy garage door opener is a "rolling code" type. I inquired as a security advisor recommended rolling code rather than static. I am confused as I change the code by pressing buttons on the overhead device and my remote. Is this truly rolling code or static code? Thank you for your patience and assisting me with securing my home. Respectfully, Betty
Posted @ Tuesday, April 23, 2013 8:26 AM by Betty
The #1702 Overhead Door remote control is a rolling code type. It is not a static code.

The code dodger rolling code technology rotates randomly through millions of different security codes making it virtually impossible to copy the security code of the garage door opener.
Posted @ Tuesday, April 23, 2013 8:59 AM by Dave Willmes
I have a Overhead Door Legacy 696CD/B and bought a remote control 37517R, I did the programation and did work, but if I go a few steps away from the motor unit the remote will not work, what can I do?
Posted @ Friday, April 26, 2013 11:56 AM by Gabriel
The most common cause for this problem is the battery in the remote control is starting to go bad. Since the remote control is new, I would assume the battery is not the problem.
The other quick and easy thing that you can do is to check the radio antenna wire. Make sure the antenna is hanging straight down from the motor mounted from the ceiling. if it is curled up then that could be the problem.
If you checked the battery and the antenna and the problem continues, then the problem could be the radio receiver or the transmitting frequency of the remote control. Both of these problems should be diagnosed and repaired by a professional garage door technician.
Posted @ Friday, April 26, 2013 3:34 PM by Dave Willmes
can i use my existing overhead door keypad to operate either a craftsman, chamberlain or genie garage door opener.
Posted @ Friday, April 26, 2013 6:14 PM by bret vories
Depending on the age of the keypad you should able to use an Overhead Door keypad with a Genie garage door opener. In many cases, Overhead Door and Genie products are compatible.
An Overhead Door keypad will not work with a Craftsman or Chamberlain garage door opener.
Posted @ Saturday, April 27, 2013 7:54 AM by Dave Willmes
I cannot get my 2012 Chevy to connect with my Legacy 696 with CodeDodger. I have followed Chevy's instructions exactly, but no luck. Chevy's instructions worked on my Chamberlain/Liftmaster, but not the Legacy. Frustrating. Do you have any tips?
Posted @ Thursday, May 02, 2013 9:18 PM by EJohnson
Try this link...

If you still have problems, I would recommend to contact Homelink® at 1-800-355-3515 or their website at http://www.homelink.com/home
Posted @ Friday, May 03, 2013 7:48 AM by Dave Willmes
We have the 696CD/B Overhead Door motor. We'll be ordering the 3-button opener mentioned in this article. We're wondering if the OKP-BX wireless keypad will also work?
Posted @ Monday, May 13, 2013 9:13 PM by Jeremy Look
Yes, the OKP-BX wireless keypad will work with the Overhead Door Legacy 696CD/B garage door opener.
Posted @ Tuesday, May 14, 2013 7:55 AM by Dave Willmes
I purchased a universal clicker remote for the overhead legacy, but I cannot get it to program to my garage door. Did I buy the wrong remote?
Posted @ Thursday, May 30, 2013 9:36 PM by Kelly
I would recommend to order the Overhead Door Master remote. This remote control will work with any model or age Legacy garage door opener.

You can order it atwww.OverheadDoorPartsOnline.com or click on the following direct link.

Posted @ Friday, May 31, 2013 9:08 AM by Dave Willmes
I bought a remote control 37503S. I have a Legacy 696CD/B, how do I program the remote control?
Posted @ Monday, June 03, 2013 4:55 PM by Miguel
Programming instructions are included with the Overhead Door 37503S remote control.

To program the remote control, simply locate the learn code button on the Legacy 696CD/B motor head. Press and release the learn code button and then press and release the remote button 3 times

More detailed programming instructions are available in the Legacy 696CD owner's manual.

To download an owner's manual, use the link listed below.

Posted @ Tuesday, June 04, 2013 8:00 AM by Dave Willmes
I HAVE A LEGACY 1/3 HP MODEL 496CD/B 120 V 60 HZ 5.5 AMP (RECEIVER MODEL ACSR1O) I NEED TO FIND OUT WHAT REMOTE WILL WORK FOR THIS GARAGE DOOR OPENER. THANKS FOR YOUR HELP WITH THIS
Posted @ Friday, June 21, 2013 4:15 PM by CHRIS B
The remote control that originally came with your Overhead Door Legacy garage door opener has been redesigned.

The new style remote control that I would recommend to order is part #37517R and can be ordered online atwww.OverheadDoorPartsOnline.com.

The direct link is http://www.overheaddoorpartsonline.com/remote-control-cd-37517r/
Posted @ Saturday, June 22, 2013 7:26 AM by Dave Willmes
This is one technology that I would love to be able to use for myself. It’s definitely a cut above the rest and I can’t wait until my provider has it. Your insight was what I needed. Thanks
Posted @ Saturday, July 06, 2013 11:40 AM by henderson garage door repair
I have an 696cd/b opener and am trying to find instructions for resetting the keypad. The instructions on this website are all for newer models. Thanks for any help!
Posted @ Monday, July 08, 2013 7:03 PM by Amy Chace
Have a model #455. Will master remote (37345R) work, or can I only use the 390 channel 1,2,3 remotes?
Thanks
Posted @ Sunday, July 28, 2013 10:36 PM by Dave
The Overhead Door Master remote control is what I would recommend to order for your model #455 garage door opener.

The Master remote control can be ordered atwww.OverheadDoorPartsOnline.com.

The direct link to order the Master remote control is listed below.

Posted @ Monday, July 29, 2013 7:47 AM by Dave Willmes
For those with the Model 496 Legacy that operates with a 12-dip switch, the MAT90 works perfectly, even though it has the "Genie" logo on it.
Posted @ Thursday, August 01, 2013 12:17 PM by Brad Jacobs
Will an Overhead Door CodeDodger O3T-BX 3-Button Genie Garage Door Remote work with my Legacy opener that was using a ACSCTO 2 opener that stopped working (battery and wiring OK). Thanx
Posted @ Friday, August 09, 2013 8:34 AM by Jay
The O3T-BX remote control may not work properly with any Genie Intellicode or Overhead Door Code Dodger garage door opener manufactured prior to 1999. If your garage door opener is manufactured prior to 1999, it is recommended to order part #37517R (Description: TRANSMITTER - 3 button CD).

You can order either remote control online atwww.OverheadDoorPartsOnline.com.
Posted @ Friday, August 09, 2013 9:55 AM by Dave Willmes
My garage door opener is an Overhead Legacy 496CD/A and I just bought a Chamberlain 940EV wireless keypad.

Will this combination work?

Thanks,

Roberto
Posted @ Saturday, August 10, 2013 9:57 PM by Roberto Sepulveda
Overhead Door and Chamberlain are two different manufacturers and their equipment is not compatible.

I would recommend to order an Overhead Door Code Dodger keypad.

These keypads can be ordered online atwww.OverheadDoorPartsOnline.com.

The direct link to order the correct keypad is http://www.overheaddoorpartsonline.com/keyless-entry-cd-okp-bx-free-shipping/
Posted @ Monday, August 12, 2013 7:53 AM by Dave Willmes
Thank you, sir.

I went to Home Depot and got a Universal Keypad that worked for me.

Roberto
Posted @ Monday, August 12, 2013 10:13 AM by Roberto Sepulveda
How can I stop my neighbors car remote from opening my legacy overhead garage door?
Posted @ Tuesday, August 13, 2013 10:27 PM by ricky
To stop your neighbor's remote control from opening and closing your Legacy garage door opener, you will need to erase the memory out of the circuit board.

Locate the learn code button. Press and hold it down. The red light will start flashing. Hold the button down until the light stops flashing.

Then you will need to re-program all of the remote controls and key pad.

Press and release the learn code button. The red light will start flashing. Press the remote control button 3 times to program it into the circuit board.

For more details about programming procedures for the Legacy opener, refer the owner's manual.

You can download an owners manual atwww.OverheadDoorPartsOnline.com or by using the link listed below.

Posted @ Wednesday, August 14, 2013 7:35 AM by Dave Willmes
Hello!

I am in search of a keychain garage opener for a Legacy Model 496 1/3 HP. The apartment complex has given me a Keystone G220-1KA garage opener to opent it and works fine but I need to take it with me in order to get back in garage rather than leaving it inside my car on visor.

The keystone remote has a static 390 mhz frequency radio receiver that utlilizes 12 security dip switch settings. The model number of the Legacy opener shows 496 and when I open it, there are 12 little switches inside the remote control.

I've been researching and your site is the closest to finding an answer :0)

What keychain garage opener can I use in order to open the Legacy model garage? Is it the part # 37245R Code Dodger? Also, if it is do I need to purchase an extra 12 volt battery for the remote control(part # 34030A)?

Thank you!

Ana
Posted @ Friday, August 16, 2013 1:39 AM by Ana
You obviously didn't look carefully enough, Ana. Check above for my Aug. 1 post.
Posted @ Friday, August 16, 2013 11:39 AM by Brad Jacobs
I think I may know the problem: there are different, highly similarly spelled sites. Go to site "www.overheaddoorpartsonline.com" and put in MAT90 in the Search both on the top right.
Posted @ Friday, August 16, 2013 11:48 AM by Brad Jacobs
Thanks Mr. Jacobs
Posted @ Friday, August 16, 2013 12:24 PM by Ana
The direct link to order the MAT90 remote contro is http://www.overheaddoorpartsonline.com/products/TRANSMITTER%2C-MINI-%252d-Genie-%252d-12-switch.html
Posted @ Saturday, August 17, 2013 8:50 AM by Dave Willmes
I have a legacy CBD series garage door opener. I have the older one button remote. How do I program the home link in my car to open this garage door?

Thanks
Posted @ Sunday, August 25, 2013 6:29 PM by Russ
For more information about Home Link, I would refer you to the blog article listed below.

Posted @ Monday, August 26, 2013 8:27 AM by Dave Willmes
You really put some information knowledge about Overhead garage remote controller. I like your information so much. It's very useful for other homeowner's. Thanks
Posted @ Friday, August 30, 2013 6:35 PM by Woodland Hills Garage Repair
Having a remote control adds convenience, comfort & security. You've got a great great inputs in here.
Posted @ Monday, September 02, 2013 2:17 AM by Luke
I have a LEGACY CDB opener. Will a Chamberlain wireless keyless entry work with this model.
Posted @ Tuesday, September 03, 2013 9:51 AM by Paul
A Chamberlain wireless keyless entry will not work with a Legacy CDB garage door opener. The keypad you need to order is available online atwww.OverheadDoorPartsOnline.com.

The direct link to order the correct keyless entry is http://www.overheaddoorpartsonline.com/keyless-entry-cd-okp-bx-free-shipping/
Posted @ Wednesday, September 04, 2013 9:05 AM by Dave Willmes
I have MDL 696 CD/B, will a Heddolf Remote with a dip switch 9 key work and if so what is the settings for the dip switch ?? TY
Posted @ Thursday, September 05, 2013 1:39 PM by Bear Waller
The Heddolf remote control with 9 switches will not work with the Overhead Door #696 CD/B garage door opener.
Replacement controls for the 696CD/B can be ordered atwww.OverheadDoorPartsOnline.com.

The direct link to the remote control I would recommend to order is listed below.
Posted @ Thursday, September 05, 2013 2:37 PM by Dave Willmes
I have a Legacy 696CD/A with no remotes. A friend has two 1702 remotes he doesn't need because he has cars that have homelink and he will give them to me if they will work. Will the 1702 work on my opener?
Posted @ Friday, September 13, 2013 3:04 PM by Mark
The 1702 remote control will work with the Overhead Door Legacy 696CD/A garage door opener.

However, I would caution your friend that if he has any problems with the homelink in his car and his car needs to be reprogrammed, he will need a hand held remote control to complete the programming.

I would recommend to take one of the 1702 remote controls and allow the friend to keep the other remote control. You can then order a second remote control for your opener.

Replacement remote controls for the Legacy 696CD/A can be ordered atwww.OverheadDoorPartsOnline.com.

Posted @ Friday, September 13, 2013 3:45 PM by Dave Willmes
Hello I have overhead door. Legacy I lost. The control. " I have another. Control linear. How. Programming. Thank you.308/379/8966
Posted @ Sunday, September 22, 2013 9:16 AM by jose
A Linear remote control will not work with an Overhead Door Legacy garage door opener. I would recommend to order an Overhead Door Master remote control. This remote control is compatible with all series of Legacy garage door openers.

The Master remote control can be ordered atwww.OverheadDoorPartsOnline.com.

The direct link to order the correct remote control is listed below.

Posted @ Monday, September 23, 2013 7:53 AM by Dave Willmes
who is the manufacturer for the remote garage opener part # 375035 and 37517R?
Posted @ Thursday, September 26, 2013 9:26 AM by
Overhead Door is the manufacturer for part # 37503S and # 37517R.
Posted @ Thursday, September 26, 2013 11:02 AM by Dave Willmes
I bought a house that has Legacy 1/3 HP MODEL 496CD/A (Receiver model ACSRO)and no remote control
, I need to find out which remote will work for this garage door opener? Thanks for your help
Posted @ Thursday, September 26, 2013 9:45 PM by Ed
The remote control you need to order for an Overhead Door Legacy 496CD/A is #37517R.

This remote control can be ordered atwww.OverheadDoorPartsOnline.com.

The direct link to order the correct remote control is listed below.

Posted @ Friday, September 27, 2013 7:06 AM by Dave Willmes
We added on to our garage and added a lift master security plus unit and a our old unit is a python2 ocg800ml wondering if the new 3 button remote will work to control both units the new remote is a liftmaster 373p 3 button remote? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Posted @ Tuesday, October 01, 2013 8:11 PM by Pete
The Lift Master 373P remote control will not work with the Overhead Door Python garage door opener.

You will need to order a universal remote control that is compatible with both manufacturers. I would recommend the 375LM remote control.

This remote control can be ordered online atwww.OverheadDoorPartsOnline.com.

The direct link to order the correct remote control is listed below.

Posted @ Wednesday, October 02, 2013 7:33 AM by Dave Willmes
I have a very old overhead door opener and need to find a replacement remote. The opener shows it as a model 55A. the frequency is listed as 340. what remote would be compatible?
Posted @ Saturday, October 26, 2013 3:24 PM by dennis h.
340 frequency remote controls have been discontinued and are no longer available.

I would recommend to order a universal radio receiver kit. The receiver kit includes an external receiver, remote control, a transformer and wiring instructions.

To order a universal radio receiver, use on the link listed below.

Posted @ Monday, October 28, 2013 7:10 AM by Dave Willmes
i have a overhead door opener model #556 what remote should i get
Posted @ Saturday, November 16, 2013 9:08 PM by bob
Replacement remote controls for the Overhead Door #556 garage door opener can be ordered online atwww.OverheadDoorPartsOnline.com.

The direct link to order the correct remote control is listed below.

Posted @ Monday, November 18, 2013 7:12 AM by Dave Willmes
I have a Overhead Door Legacy 1/2 HP model 696 CD/B...the door will not open when pushing the hard wired remote control button...the only thing that happens is the light on the Legacy will go on or off as I push the remote control button...any idea why the door will not open ?
Posted @ Sunday, November 24, 2013 8:44 AM by Bill
For technical support, I would recommend to refer to the trouble shooting guide in the owner's manual or contacting your local Overhead Door distributor.

Owner's manuals for older model Overhead Door garage door openers can be downloaded atwww.OverheadDoorPartsOnline.com.

The direct link for the Legacy opener is listed below.

To contact your local Overhead Door distributor call 1-800-929-3667.
You can download
Posted @ Monday, November 25, 2013 7:37 AM by Dave Willmes
So... I gather that my lift master remote will not work for my 696cd/b. But.. what legacy remote can I buy that will work for both?
Posted @ Sunday, December 01, 2013 6:43 PM by Noah
There is a universal remote control that will work with any Lift Master garage door opener and the Overhead Door Legacy 696CD/B.

The 375LM remote control can be ordered atwww.OverheadDoorPartsOnline.com.

The direct link to order the correct remote control is listed below.

Posted @ Monday, December 02, 2013 7:26 AM by Dave Willmes
I have a garage door, Overhead Door brand Legacy Model ACSR10. Will the Megacode MDTK DNT00058 wireless keypad work with it? Thanks
Posted @ Wednesday, December 04, 2013 4:55 PM by Jason
I would recommend to use the Overhead Door #OKP-BX key pad. This keypad is compatible with the Overhead Door Legacy garage door opener.

You can order this keypad online atwww.OverheadDoorPartsOnline.com.

The direct link to order the correct keypad is listed below.

Posted @ Thursday, December 05, 2013 7:29 AM by Dave Willmes
I received the 37517r remote for my legacy 696CD/B opener. When I press the learn button, the LED starts blinking, but when I press the button on the remote, the learn code led does turn to solid. So basically cannot get the remote to work. Any suggestions?
Posted @ Monday, December 09, 2013 8:41 PM by Al
If the LED turns on solid when you press the remote control, the radio signal is being received correctly.

At this point, complete the programming procedure by pressing the remote control button 2 more times slowly.

After you press the button the second time the LED will go out. When you press the button the third time the garage door opener will activate.

Press the button again to stop the garage door opener.
Posted @ Tuesday, December 10, 2013 11:06 AM by Dave Willmes
I currently have the following: 1)a remote control Model: ACSOT Type 1, FCC ID: B80 ACSOT; 2) a motor 1/3 HP Model 496CD/A 120v 60hz 5.5amp, model:ACSRO. I would like to know which extra remotes I can buy to go with this particular door. Thanks in advance for you help in this matter.
Posted @ Wednesday, December 18, 2013 2:21 PM by Jocelyn Sapp
A replacement remote control for the Overhead Door Legacy 496CD/A is available and can be ordered online atwww.OverheadDoorPartsOnline.com.

The direct link to order the remote control I would recommend to order is listed below.

Posted @ Wednesday, December 18, 2013 2:41 PM by Dave Willmes
Hi there. I purchased a home that as a 696CD/B Garage door, but the two remotes that were left are a 47033 and a 37103. Will either of these remotes work for this garage door??

Elizabeth
Posted @ Friday, January 31, 2014 7:29 PM by Elizabeth
I am not familiar with with these parts numbers.
The part number of the remote control that originally came with the Overhead Door Legacy 696CD/B garage door opener is #1702.
However, this remote control has been discontinued and has been replaced by #37517R.
The substitute remote control can be ordered online atwww.OverheadDoorPartsOnline.com.
The direct link to order the correct remote control is listed below.
Posted @ Saturday, February 01, 2014 8:42 AM by Dave Willmes
I have a legacy 696 (390mhz) opener (non code dodger) I understand the replacement remote is now the GM3T-BX. Is there a digital keypad that will work with the legacy 696?
Posted @ Saturday, February 22, 2014 11:02 AM by William2015
A wireless key pad for the non code dodger Legacy 696 is available and can be ordered online atwww.OverheadDoorPartsOnline.com.

The direct link to order the correct key pad is listed below.

Posted @ Monday, February 24, 2014 7:28 AM by Dave Willmes
Will a genie remote not work with a series 2 opener?
Posted @ Monday, March 17, 2014 8:16 PM by Tifiny Sanford
Depending on the model Genie remote control, it may work with a series 2 garage door opener.
Posted @ Tuesday, March 18, 2014 7:24 AM by Dave Willmes
I am attempting to find a remote clicker that will open a Legacy Opener, a Chamberlain Opener and a community security gate. the security gate needs to have four dip switches programmed +, and the rest negative. can you recommend a remote clicker or do I need to supply more information? Thank you.
Posted @ Thursday, March 27, 2014 9:07 AM by Billy Belcher
Overhead Door and Chamberlain are competing garage door opener manufacturers and their remote controls are not compatible.

However, the 375LM universal remote control can be programmed to work with both the Legacy and Chamberlain brand openers. Unfortunately, this remote control only comes with two buttons so you would not be able to program the security gate.

To order the 375LM remote control, refer to the link listed below.

Posted @ Thursday, March 27, 2014 2:01 PM by Dave Willmes
I have a 2011 BMW and am unable to link the car remote with the 696 CD using the learn button. Can you provide any suggestions? Thank you.
Posted @ Tuesday, April 08, 2014 11:11 PM by ANdrew Morgan
To assist you with programming your vehicle to the Overhead Door 696CD model garage door opener, I would refer you to the blog article listed below

Or you can contact Homelink directly at 1-800-355-3515 orwww.homelink.com/home
Posted @ Wednesday, April 09, 2014 7:20 AM by Dave Willmes
I have Legacy ACSR10 Series 2 opener
And am looking for a keychain remote that will work with it.
Thanks
Posted @ Saturday, May 31, 2014 7:44 PM by Harvey Craft
Where can I find a keypad for a legacy 696cd/b garage door opener?
Posted @ Sunday, June 15, 2014 6:32 PM by Dario
A wireless key pad for the Overhead Door Legacy 696CD/B garage door opener can be ordered online atwww.OverheadDoorPartsOnline.com.

The direct link to order the correct remote control is listed below.

Posted @ Monday, June 16, 2014 7:35 AM by Dave Willmes
Key chain remote controls for the Overhead Door Legacy series 2 garage door opener are available and can be ordered online atwww.OverheadDoorPartsOnline.com.

The direct link to order the correct remote control is listed below.

Posted @ Monday, June 16, 2014 7:38 AM by Dave Willmes
I have a Legacy Model 696CD/B installed in 2001.
I need to replace the wireless keypad, what model is compatible?
Do I have to get new remotes at the same time?
Posted @ Saturday, June 28, 2014 10:48 AM by Don Kuroiwa
It is not necessary to replace your remote controls if you install a new keypad for your Legacy 696CD/B garage door opener.

The key pad can be ordered online atwww.OverheadDoorPartsOnline.com.

The direct link to order the correct remote control is listed below.

Posted @ Wednesday, July 09, 2014 7:24 AM by Dave Willmes
This information is very helpful! My remote says "Model ACSCTO Type 1" and "FCC ID: B8QACSCT". It also says CodeDodger. The door was installed in mid-1995. It sounds like model 37517R is guaranteed to work but that model O1T also will likely work. Is that correct? (I'd rather get a one-button remote than a three-button remote.) Thanks.
Posted @ Friday, July 11, 2014 9:11 AM by Jennie Allen
If your garage door opener was installed in 1995 and uses Code Dodger technology, the O1T remote control is compatible and can be programmed into your model garage door opener.

To order a replacement O1T remote control, refer to the link listed below.

Posted @ Friday, July 11, 2014 10:22 AM by Dave Willmes
Hello I bought a house and have a overhead door model 556 , and I buy a universal control but I don't know where the smart button is located can you please tell me, thank you
Posted @ Monday, August 25, 2014 3:43 PM by Esperanza ponce
An off-brand universal remote control will not work with the Overhead Door #556 garage door opener.

You will need to order the remote control that is designed for this model garage door opener. Replacement remote controls for the #556 garage door opener can be ordered atwww.OverheadDoorPartsOnline.com.

To order the correct remote control for the #556, use the direct link listed below

Posted @ Tuesday, August 26, 2014 8:02 AM by Dave Willmes
Have two Legacy 396cd openers. Tried to program Genie
37517S transmitter with no luck. Is this remote compatible
or do We need to order?
Posted @ Monday, October 06, 2014 7:53 PM by RanHorn
The Genie #37517S remote control is compatible with the Overhead Door Leagcy 696CD or 496CD garage door opener.

However, with some of the older model Legacy openers, only the far right button can be programmed.

Try to program the right side button, if this doesn't work there may be an issue with the radio receiver assembly on circuit board inside the motor head.

Replacement circuit boards for the Legacy 696/496CD garage door opener can be ordered online atwww.OverheadDOorPartsOnline.com.

The direct link to order the correct circuit board is listed below.

Posted @ Tuesday, October 07, 2014 7:48 AM by Dave Willmes
Have a legacy 696 and the receiver quit working. Can I replace it with an external universal radio receiver?
Posted @ Saturday, October 11, 2014 11:02 PM by J Hromas
Yes, you can install an external radio receiver kit to your existing Overhead Door Legacy garage door opener.

The receiver kit can be ordered online atwww.OverheadDoorPartsOnline.com.

The direct link to order the correct receiver kit is listed below.

If you install this receiver kit, you will be able to program all your existing remote controls to the new receiver.
Posted @ Monday, October 13, 2014 7:49 AM by Dave Willmes
Name
Website (optional)

Allowed tags: <a> link, <b> bold, <i> italics

Proudly servicing Greater Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky

Visit Our Showroom
2571 Ritchie Avenue
Crescent Springs, KY 41017
Office Hours
7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. (M-F)
7:30 a.m. - Noon (Sat)