Overhead Door has discontinued the series 1 Code Dodger keyless entry (part #35282S, OWKP-BX). This series keyless entry is no longer available and has been replaced by the next generation series 2 keyless entry (part #37225R, OKP-BX)
Programming instructions are very similar if you are programming the new style keyless entry to older model Code Dodger I garage door openers. However, you will need to convert the new keyless entry from Code Dodger II to Code Dodger I.
To operate Code Dodger I garage door openers:
The new style keyless entry comes from the factory as a Code Dodger II unit. In order to initially program an older model Code Dodger I garage door opener, you must switch the keyless entry to Code Dodger I.
- After entering your PIN (code), Press the UP/DOWN arrow button
- Press and hold the PROGRAM button for two (2) seconds and the GREEN LED above the number keys will turn RED.
- Close the keyless entry cover
- Open the cover and press in order the 3, 5, 7 buttons
- Press the PROGRAM button
- Enter your PIN (code)
- Press the PROGRAM button
- Close the keyless entry cover and wait 30 seconds
- Press the LEARN CODE button (Learn Code LED will blink)
- Open the cover and enter your PIN (code)
- Press the UP/DOWN arrow button (Learn Code LED will stay on)
- Press the UP/DOWN arrow button (Learn Code LED turns off)
- Press the UP/DOWN arrow button (garage door opener will run)
Once all your garage door openers have been programmed, there is no need to switch back and forth between Code Dodger I and Code Dodger II. The keyless entry will automatically remember the mode of each garage door opener.
To order an Overhead Door keyless entry click below.
Overhead Door Company of Northern Kentucky is a second generation family owned company that provides residential and commercial garage doors, automatic openers, dock equipment, commercial steel entry doors and retractable awnings to the Greater Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky communities. Overhead Door Company of Northern Kentucky is a proud distributor of Overhead Door products for 65 years.
If you are located in Greater Cincinnati or Northern Kentucky and need an IDA certified garage door technician to repair your garage door click here to schedule an appointment
If you are located in Greater Cincinnati or Northern Kentucky and need information about scheduling an annual maintenance inspection, click here.
To order replacement Overhead Door garage door parts go to our online parts store at www.OverheadDoorPartsOnline.com.
For more information about Overhead Door Company of Northern Kentucky visit our website at www.OverheadDoorOnline.com.