Many of our customers have cars with remote controls built into their dashboard. As a result, they want this built-in remote control to be programmed to open and close their garage door. Programming your car is a simple process if you follow the steps outlined below:
First, please note that you must have a hand-held remote control already programmed to open/close your garage door. This hand-held remote control will be used to program your car. If you do not have a hand-held remote control, please refer to our online parts store at www.OverheadDoorPartsOnline.com. We offer a complete selection of remote controls that will work with any Overhead Door or Genie garage door opener.
Second, some vehicles may require the ignition be turned on or the vehicle actually running to program the Homelink® transceiver.
To program a rolling code (i.e. CodeDodger or Intellicode) compatible Homelink® system, please follow these steps.
1. Press and hold the two outside buttons on the Homelink® system until the LED starts to blink, release buttons
2. Press and hold the desired Homelink® button and the transmit button on your rolling code transmitter at the same time until the Homelink® LED changes from a slow blink to a rapid blink. (Your Homelink® system is now programmed)
3. Locate the learn code button on your garage door opener. (These are located under the light cover or on the rear panel depending on model)
4. Press the learn code button on the garage door opener, a red LED will start to blink. (You will have 30 seconds to complete programming)
5. While the LED on the garage door opener is blinking, return to the vehicle and press the pre-programmed Homelink® button 4 times. (Or until the garage door operates).
We always recommend for you to refer the vehicle's owner's manual for more detailed programming instruction. Many automobile manufacturers may have slight variations in the programming instructions that are not outlined above.
If you have problems with the Homelink® system please call 1-800-355-3515 or their website at http://www.homelink.com/home
Homelink® is a registered trademark of Johnson Controls, Inc.
Overhead Door Company of Northern Kentucky is a second generation family owned company that provides residential and commercial garage doors, automatic openers, dock equipment, commercial steel entry doors and retractable awnings to the Greater Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky communities. Overhead Door Company of Northern Kentucky has been a proud distributor of Overhead Door products for 65 years.
If you are located in Greater Cincinnati or Northern Kentucky and need an IDA certified garage door technician to repair your garage door click here to schedule an appointment
If you are located in Greater Cincinnati or Northern Kentucky and need information about scheduling an annual maintenance inspection, click here.
To order replacement Overhead Door garage door parts go to our online parts store at www.OverheadDoorPartsOnline.com.
For more information about Overhead Door Company of Northern Kentucky visit our website at www.OverheadDoorOnline.com.