According to statistics provided by metropolitan police departments, approximately 50% of all residential burglaries occur because the garage door is left open or is outdated and no longer secure.
Overhead Door Company of Northern Kentucky reminds homeowners to follow these 2 simple steps to Lower the Door on Crime
1. Always keep the garage door closed when not in use – An open garage door is an open invitation to thieves
2. Always keep your car locked – Thieves are looking for unlocked cars to locate your garage door remote control.
How do you keep your home and family safe? Here are some ideas
Open Door Alert Systems
- An Open Door Alert System can be equipped to an existing garage door and allows a homeowner to know if the garage door is open, closed or if there is any change to the door position. Other features of an Open Door Alert System include:
- Establishing rules such as automatically closing the garage door in the evening
- Temporary access to friends and family
- Garage door usage history including the date and time the garage door was opened or closed.
- An Open Door Alert System such as the OHD Anywhere can be installed professionally by Overhead Door Company of Northern Kentucky or can be ordered online for DIY installation
Miniature Key Ring Remote Controls
- Instead of keeping your remote control inside your car, replace the remote control with a miniature size remote and attach it to your key ring.
Replacing your remotes with miniature size remote controls can be professionally set up and programmed by Overhead Door Company of Northern Kentucky or can be ordered online for DIY installation
Schedule a Service Call
•DO NOT program the HomeLink remote controls built into your cars.
- Many newer model cars have remotes controls called HomeLink built into the console.
- Although these HomeLink remotes are convenient, remember leaving a remote control, any remote control, in your car is the same as leaving your house key on the front seat of your car.
- Thieves can break into your car, get your home address from your car’s registration, drive to your home and simply pull into your garage.
Overhead Door Company of Northern Kentucky can provide a safety inspection of your garage door, garage door opener and offer assistance with your car’s HomeLink remote control system.
Schedule a Service
Overhead Door Company of Northern Kentucky is a second generation family owned company that provided residential and commercial garage doors, automatic garage door openers, dock equipment, commercial steel entry doors, retractable awnings and garage storage solutions to Greater Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky communities. Overhead Door Company of Northern Kentucky has been a proud distributor of Overhead Door products since 1947.
If you are located in Greater Cincinnati or Northern Kentucky and need an IDA certified garage door technician to repair or replace your garage door, click here to schedule an appointment.
For more information about Overhead Door Company of Northern Kentucky, visit our website at www.OverheadDoorOnline.com